Memberships Available Beginning May 6
Unity Wimberley Business Office
Sundays before and after the 11am service
Monday thru Thursday, 10am-4pm
Everything You Need to Know About Membership
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Unity of Wimberley Pool & Tennis Club. It is our wish that you enjoy our beautiful facilities and join in the support of our participation guidelines to create a safe and joyful recreational environment for all.
Following is information about a club membership. If you have any questions, please call the church office at (512) 847-6587 or email email@example.com.
Our rates reflect our best plan to operate Unity Pool at "break even."
WHEN CAN I PURCHASE MY 2018 MEMBERSHIP AND GET MY POOL GATE KEY?
Beginning Sunday May 6, 2018
- Sundays before and after the 11am service
- Monday thru Thursday at the church office between 10am and 4pm.
On weekdays, please enter the building through south end kitchen door. This is the door you first see when coming up the hill (not on the circle drive).
- Complete and sign a waiver.
- If you were a member last year: return your 2017 Season key, and be issued a new 2018 key—$10 charge if old key not returned or to replace a key during the season.
- Pay for your season membership (exact cash, check, credit card).
SIGNING A POOL & TENNIS CLUB WAIVER
Our insurance requires that we have a Waiver on file for every person who uses our pool: church attendees, friends of church attendees (sponsored pool members), pool members guests, an attendee of a class or special event, or a minor child or guest/invitee of an attendee. This waiver will also apply to use of the tennis courts, but tennis courts alone can be used without signing a waiver. If you do not attend Unity of Wimberley, your membership must be sponsored by a voting church member who has agreed to sponsor you.
So, who has to sign a waiver? Everyone:
- All returning members who already have a waiver on file.
- All first time pool members.
- All minors will be named in their Parent/Guardian’s Waiver. Minor = younger than 18 years old.
- All minors ages 15, 16, 17 must also complete their own individual Waivers, signed by their parent or guardian. Sorry, there can be no exceptions, so please plan ahead.
- All participants in swim classes need a Waiver.
WHAT ABOUT MY GUESTS?
- All guests are required to complete and sign a Waiver. We appreciate that you may have a weekend or short-term house guest whom you would like to invite to swim under your membership. Each guest must sign a Waiver before using the pool.
- All guests must be accompanied at all times by a pool member. The hosting pool member is responsible for ensuring that his/her guests abide by the pool rules. We encourage you to plan ahead for your guests’ use of the pool. Guests are limited to FIVE for Church Members and TWO for Sponsored Members. (See Pool Rules included with the Waiver.)
SIGNING OFF ON THE UNITY POOL RULES
The last page of the Waiver includes two copies of the Unity Pool Rules. You must read, agree to, and initial the first copy Pool Rules to complete your membership. This copy will be kept on file with your signed Waiver. The second copy is for you to keep as reference for you and your guests. Failure to abide by these pool rules can result in the forfeiture of your membership.
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CHURCH MEMBER AND SPONSORED MEMBER?
CHURCH MEMBERS: Those who regularly attend and participate in the Sunday Services of Unity of Wimberley are considered church members for the purposes of pool membership.
SPONSORED MEMBERS: Those who do not attend the church but are being sponsored for pool membership by a voting member at Unity of Wimberley. Your sponsor need not be present when you use the pool. If you are not sure whether someone you know at Unity is an official member of the church, email us and we’ll work with you to make a connection. All terms of this agreement apply to sponsored memberships.
WHERE ARE THE CHANGING ROOMS AND RESTROOMS?
A poolside informal changing room is available. Our facilities do not include a formal bathhouse, so please come prepared to swim by wearing appropriate swim attire under your clothing for an outdoor quick change whenever possible. A portable potty is provided through October.
The church building is not available to swimmers, unless they are using the pool in connection with a related activity happening inside. We request especially that you refrain from going into the building if any other event is taking place inside, or while wearing wet swimwear.
WHEN DOES THE POOL OPEN AND CLOSE FOR THE SEASON?
The pool is open all year. Each new membership year starts at the beginning of May. Note the portable potty is only provided from opeing Sunday, May 6, 2018 through October 2018.
WHAT ARE THE POOL HOURS?
The pool is open every day from daylight to dusk, EXCEPT on Mondays from 9 am to 2 pm when it is closed for chemical treatment.
Exceptions to pool availability may occur for special events and possible water fitness classes.
Please note that lap swimmers have preferential right of way from 4 to 6 pm every day except Saturday.
HOW WILL I KNOW IF THE POOL ISN'T AVAILABLE?
We notify all of our current season pool members via email. Because we might need to give you a heads up or provide information, please keep us updated if your email address changes from the address provided on your waiver. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW DO I KNOW THE POOL IS BEING MAINTAINED PROPERLY?
We contract with a fully licensed and insured pool maintenance service who cleans our pool twice a week. On Mondays, they perform the required chemical treatment; there is not a definite time of day for this weekly treatment, so if you or your children are especially sensitive to pool chemicals, Monday may not be the best swim day for you.
Our pool is treated with chlorine along with two Go Chemless™ Bio-Sanitizer units.
We are a spiritual center, and we very much appreciate your honoring our church home with respect for all who gather to swim and play.